Monday, March 31, 2008

WordPress 2.5 is Out

WordPress 2.5 is OutHuzzah! After a few months of waiting, the next feature-packed WordPress is out! WordPress 2.5 codenamed Brecker is now available for download. As of now, I’m trying it our with my offline WordPress installation test site before I fully deploy it for my websites. But if what the release notes really deliver then I’d have to say kudos to the WordPress gods. Just take note of these features. I’ll probably add a short review after I’m done testing.

  • Cleaner admin interface
  • Multi-file uploading
  • One-click plugin upgrades
  • Built-in galleries
  • Customizable dashboard
  • Salted passwords and cookie encryption
  • Media library
  • A WYSIWYG that doesn’t mess with your code
  • Concurrent post editing protection
  • Full-screen writing
  • Search that covers posts and pages.

You can view the screencast for the Release Candidate here.

0 comments:

Design by Free blogger template